Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Biopsy done. (If you're new to my melodrama read up here) The procedure itself wasn't horrible, the freezing hurt but I didn't feel the actual biopsy. It didn't look great though, doc was moving the needle in and out of my neck like he was plunging a toilet. Let that visual marinate for a bit. Yeah.

I was asking a lot of questions, radiologist told me it's a better sign when there's multiple nodules as opposed to just 1, and I have several. Doctor however, less helpful in the talking me down department. He was very matter-of-fact, which they usually are, but when you're a mom looking for someone to tell you you're not dying and leaving your kids motherless, "matter-of-fact" sucks ass.

My neck is a little tender, I feel like I'm swallowing a golf ball and it's swollen so I'm sporting an Eve's Apple, sex-ay.

Now I wait 10-14 days for results. That's *if* I get results, apparently 1/3 of thyroid biopsies come back inconclusive cause they take so few cells. So I might have to do this again... yay.
blog comments powered by Disqus